Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Model 19 Cabinets

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Paully's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 6th, 2010
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Model 19 Cabinets

    I came up with some empty Model 19 cabinets and am looking for some advice. I have posted about this elsewhere but it dawned on me that maybe I should ask the experts here. I think I am going to go with a Z19 crossover. For drivers I think I want to go with GPA. Most likely 802-8G versus the 902. Where I am wondering is on the woofers. GPA has both 416-8B and the 8C. The 8B is a good bit more expensive. Any thoughts on what you would do? Thoughts on the woofer and any other aspect of the project are very welcome. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.

  3. #3
    HB Super Moderator
    Model 19 Cabinets


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Model 19 Cabinets

    If I were you ? I would try to stick with original type components as much as possible.Especially if you are going with the 802-8G's then I would go with the Alnico 416 as well. The 416-8B.We hope you come back with updates and photos of your build ! FWIW there shouldn't be much sonic difference between them so if you can't afford the 416B then just go with the C variant..

    Welcome to the Board Paully ! Good Luck with your project !

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Paully's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 6th, 2010
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Model 19 Cabinets

    Thanks. Yes, it is the GPA 416C vs 416B. The more I think about it the more I am convinced that I want the 802-8G and the 416B is the way to go. Heck, if nothing more than it will make resale easier if I get the itch to do something else sometime. So I will just spend the extra money. And I will be sure to post some pictures when I get it done. Should be a month or two. Currently building a 45 amp and when that is done I can turn my attention to this. Thanks again!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MJClemm's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24th, 2007
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Model 19 Cabinets

    Just my opinion.. I had the 416-8bs as well as the 416-8c's in my last pair of 19s and I personally could not tell the difference at all. I'm sure there is a differance if you hook it up to meters and all, but everyone that has heard mine, could not tell what drivers were what in mine, I just don't hear a noticeable difference, but, I do not have the best of hearing. (drums, guitars, and loud ass music for 30+ years). Lol.... Keep in mind, it's JUST MY opinion.... Good luck and good speakers !.. Mjclemm...
    Michael Clemmer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.